Well 4.2 is here and there’s lots of new stuff to do!
Over at the Warcraft Hunters Union, they have a nice post on all the hunter changes in 4.2. You can read it here: http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/2011/06/hunter-patch-4-2-changes-roundup/
The main ones that stand out are these:
- Marksman Nerf – An approx 5% nerf, this is through a reduction on the careful aim talent, boosting crit when the target 90%+ HP (used to be 80%+).
- Superior Set Bonuses – Our new set bonuses are far superior to T11, so there will probably be no “2T9 2T10” like we had in ICC.
- More Pets – 10 additional “rare” pets are available, each with a unique way of taming it. These are optional though as they provide no DPS benefit.
- New pet stance – you can now have the pet on “assist” so they will only attack things that you directly attack (This will pretty much be our default stance).
- CC no longer pulls aggro – remember how when a Rogue Saps, he doesn’t pull but when we trap we do pull? This will happen no longer! It will make CC much easier to use but will completely de-skill it for PvE (Scatter + Trap Launcher + Trap is still the most difficult to pull off in PvP).